I might be on a roll...

So today I wanted to really find out if I could find free or close to free items out there in this sale and coupon world. I went to Albertson's, and of course it smelled like old people and fish! Sorry to those of you who are older and who are fish, I don't mean to offend anyone, it is just a fact that both have a distinct smell.

So four years ago when I left for Germany, stores still had club cards. You had to have a club card in order to get the deals. Well times have now changed. I went in and looked at the prices of the food and was ready to run out the door! I went to the register so that I could get my club card, I ask the cashier and she looked sooooo confused. She asked this old man who was a bagger and he also looked confused. Hello.... even if you don't have them anymore, stores have had them in the past, do not look at me like I am crazy and don't act like you were born yesterday. I really must be living in the big city that couldn't, because these people are worse than those in Piggott, AR at least I like that little itty bitty, one stop light town. So anyways back to my story, I ended up leaving, only purchasing the one box of tic-tacs for Levi.

I then decided to go across the street to Walgreen's. Best decision ever! I went in with my Krazy Coupon Binder and found a couple of nice finds. Also a couple of okay finds and then a not so great find but oh well I am learning.

Here is what I found!




2 Huggies Jean diaper pckg for $18.00
                register rewards(RR) -$3.00
                       $2/1 coupon(q)  -$2.00
                                    Total      $13.00/2   $6.50ea not too bad... could have done way better!





Raid Max Bug Barrier  $8.99
                  Sale price -$7.99
                     Coupon -$3.00
                          Total  $4.99ea   
 I just saw a Cockroach yesterday outside and about FREAKED OUT! this was a NEED!




2 Pantene Products for $7.00
                           RR  -$1.00
                     $3/2 q   -$3.00
                         Total   $3.00/2    $1.50 a bottle... I stocked up on 2 set of shampoo and conditioner!






3 Old Spice Swagger Body Wash for $10.00
                                                 RR  -$3.00
                                        BOGO q  -$3.33
                                            $1/1 q  -$100
                                                Total  $2.67/3     $0.89 per body wash!!!!!!!!!!! And a stockpile!


One thing I will remember to do next time is pay attention to which of my items are Register Rewards(RR) and which are just the Sale prices. That way when my coupons get printed out I can use them in the same shopping trip and not have to take the coupon when I leave.



Then to end the whole day with a BANG I found the recycling center on base and dug through the newspaper bin for coupons... I have to tell you it was UBER exciting and I had to even call my Bestest to tell her all about it. She is excited to go dumpster diving while I am there.......  14 more DAYS until SUNNY California and a beautiful WEDDING!!!!

Comments

Amanda Mata said…
You are off to a great start. Don't be afraid of the register rewards. You can roll them over to your next purchase for a really great deal. I always make sure I leave with register rewards.

Popular Posts