RIP Whoavee the Mustache Funny Fish!

So last night I watched in awe as Levi's first pet swam around his tank. He had been very sick since a couple of days after we got him. Although he had spots all over, his fins were smaller due to the toxins in the water eating away at them, he was finally swimming and eating well. I left him to enjoy the evening. Not 10 min later Garrett comes into the living room to tell me that he thought Whoavee was dead :(  I thought there was no way, he was just swimming and looked fine. Poor guy was definitely gone.

Now I had decided to let Levi learn about the facts of life. We had discussed what happens when fish die, how they go belly up just like in Finding Nemo. I told him that we would have to flush him in the toilet, and just like in Finding Nemo, "All drains lead to the ocean." Well when Levi discovered his fish, he wasn't sad at first. He kind of laughed, I think it was because I had prepared him so well, and we were making sure he knew that Whoavee was really sick and might pass away soon. We then had to have a talk about death not being funny. Then he got sad, but not too sad. We scooped Whoavee out of his tank, brought him to the bathroom and placed him in the toilet. I told Levi to say goodbye and he said "Bye Funny fish" in the saddest voice. Then he flushed him down. I think it was the longest flush I have ever witnessed :(

Later Levi had to go... number 2. He said that he couldn't go because his Whoavee was in there... Garrett and I couldn't help but laugh at that.

In a couple of days, after I clean out the tank really good and condition some new wanter, we are going to get a new fish... a Betta this time. Stay tuned for the name he comes up with.

Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts