And the light bulb just now went off!!

So I have been worried about eating healthy. I have been wanting to add vegetable to my daily menu. I barely eat any. I have a texture issue. I hate chunks, I can also taste them if they are tiny.  I was looking at a couple of recipes on Cooking light's recipe site (My Recipes), and the food looks so good! Then I see all of the chunks!!! BLEH! Then I remembered the recipe book my mom bought me for Levi.

Deceptively Delicious
Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
$9 at amazon.com

I CAN PUREE ALL OF MY TEXTURE ISSUES AWAY! 
YUMMY!

The weather here has been sadly UN-fall like. I have been craving soups, but all of the chunks have made me  shy away from anything hearty. Most of my soups I leave the onion chopped in huge chunks, along with celery or anything else I where I love the flavor and despise the feeling of it in my mouth. NOW I can cut back on the fat to keep the soup thick and use veggies to help thicken the soup and make it healthier!

*HAPPY DANCE*

This one looks amazing!
emoticon Icon "IconsLandVistaHalloweenEmoticonsDemo/ICO/Sad.ico" 48x48 ICO  http://www.icons-land.com
...even if it was 70+ degrees out!

Now to see about getting one of these for Xoe!
She is so much fun to dress, she helps me put her clothes on and she loves shoes... hehe!

Product Image Baby Girls' Circo® Galaxy Suede Boots - PinkSugar Toddler/Little Kid Origami Boot









Comments

Mrs. Chelsi said…
What do you mean by chunks? LOL I have never cut veggies into chunks when I make them. For broccoli I only make it has a whole rather than chop up the stems. For carrots I only use baby ones and boil them whole. Also with asparagus I only cut off the white ends.
Unknown said…
I can handle some cooked veggies. Green beans, corn, carrots, zucchini. I don't like onion, tomatoes, celery (Love it raw), Broccoli (LOVE it raw) and more. So really it isn't just the chunkiness, it is the fact that they are cooked or I don't like them at all, mostly because of their texture. I LOVE their flavor. SO I will be testing this new technique out.

Popular Posts