So much to do....

... and not much time to do it in. I feel like the days are so short and that I can only fit so much into each day. I keep asking myself how did I fit so much in to a day back in high school. A full 6+ hours of school, 2 hour cheer practice, homework, Tv, Dinner, Bed. Then somewhere in there I always made time for Garrett, Friends, Cheer duties! HOW? How did I do all of that and now I can barely manage to feed or bath myself?

Okay so now that I have complained on to more cheerful things.

Today I was talking to my Bestest about Christmas and although it is a tight year financially, I am looking forward to how small it may be and what lessons will come from not saving enough this year. I want to start a contest to save save save. I know so many people struggling with $money$ right now (hello recession). If we each try our hardest to save instead of spend I wonder how much could add up. If you wanted to buy a cup of Starbucks and turned down the tempting goodness, take that exact amount you would have spent and place it in a savings. It can be in a bank or in a pig!

Now with all of this savings, it does not mean you can just go blow it on Christmas, the idea is to save. So buying on sale items instead of full price. Or buying the not so hot item instead, waiting until after Christmas sales to buy decor instead of buying all of the cute stuff at full price! If you are saving and not spending then some of that savings can go towards those amazing sales.

Another thing is planning ahead. How early in the year can you shop and be done with everyones gifts. I know someone that has their shopping finished well before Black Friday. I DO NOT KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT! I want to try though.

I keep thinking how stress free that would be. So if you would like to try this then the contest starts January 1, 2011 <--- weird!

The site 100 Days to Christmas has some great tips along with this cool site List Planit I really want to become a member!

Happy Saving!


Comments

Drea said…
I know someone that starts their shopping in the summer, and I have NO Idea how they do it. it's like pulling teeth to get Kris to tell me what he wants before December 15th every year lol. I love the idea of putting the money away in savings. It really will open your eyes to what you do spend your money on.

Popular Posts